Become a YAMA Roster Artist
Young Audiences of Massachusetts reviews applications for teaching artists and assembly programs on a rolling basis. Applications are reviewed and auditioned by a panel consisting of YAMA staff and Program Committee members. Artists must be currently working professionally in their discipline. Previous teaching experience is not mandatory.
- Applicants who apply both as a teaching artist and a performing artist should complete a separate application for each area.
- All artists must be available a minimum of two weekdays each week.
- Artist fees are competitive with industry rates.
To apply, applicants must submit:
- 2018-19 Application Packet
- Resume or CV
- Background and program information used in the development of educational materials
The review panel appraises each application based on:
- Artistic quality
- Educational Content
- Supporting materials
- Personal interview/audition
- Applicant’s available time for professional development and site assignments
- Young Audiences’ need/interest in the artistic discipline or performance
Applicants who look like a strong match for our roster will be asked to provide us with an opportunity to preview their program for a students audience. In some cases, if preview opportunities are not readily available, YAMA can assist in initiating a preview.