Passages: Exploring Migration Through Music
“Passages” is an interactive educational performance of world folk music from 9 countries and 6 continents. Using dialogue, colorful maps, and songs, Voci Angelica Trio traces the migration of early humans across the globe using the cello, djembe, claves, cuatro, maracas, shell shakes, tambourine stick, finger cymbals, doumbek and, of course, their voices. Audiences become part of the experience by answering questions about geography in a game show format and participating in songs.
Audience Limit: 400
Curriculum Connection: Folk Music, Languages, Geography
Single Show: $925
Adapted program for Preschool:
Single Show: $625
Travel Fee: $100/day
Note: pricing may vary for weekend/out-of-school time
Processing Fee of $30 added to all contracts
1) Two reserved parking spots
2) Water for three people
3) Two chairs without arms
4) One small table or music stand
5) One carpet of at least 5’ x 5’ dimensions (for cellist)
1) At least 20’ x 20’ of unobstructed floor or stage area
2) If students are sitting on the floor, at least 10 feet of space should be between the first row of students and the edge of the performance area
Arrival time before first performance: 1 hour
Strike time: 1 hour
Time needed between performances: at least 15 minutes
Teachers are asked to model appropriate audience behavior for students.
Please introduce the performers as a Young Audiences of Massachusetts ensemble.