Nature In The City
Billy B. examines “urban ecology” in this funny musical introduction to the interaction of plants, animals, humans, and the environment in metropolitan areas. Nature in the City examines the neighborhood ecosystem through song and dance as Billy encourages his audiences to become stewards of the planet.
Note: Available live online with dynamic backdrops in an adpation for remote learning.
Audience Limit: 500
Curriculum Connection: Natural Science, Environment, Music
Remote Single (Live): $600
Single Show: $750
Travel Fee: $100
Note: pricing may vary for weekend/out-of-school time
Processing fee of $30 added to all contracts
Remote (live online)
School sets up link for remote meeting and makes the artist a co-host. Screen share must be enabled, however please turn off ‘annotation’ feature. Artist may need to sign on 20-30 minutes prior to the meeting to check sound levels. A representative from the school must be on the call to spotlight artist video, facilitate Q+A and mute students as needed. Please introduce the performer as a Young Audiences of Massachusetts artist.
- One reserved parking spot
- Room temperature water for Billy’s singing voice
- One small table
- One 25 foot electrical extension cord
- At least 20 feet x 20 feet of unobstructed floor or stage area
- If students are sitting on the floor, at least 10 feet of space should be between the first row of students and the edge of the performance area
- Please seat students in two groups with a middle aisle (when possible)
- Billy brings his own sound/PA system and the stands needed to hold up his backdrop
- It would be very helpful to have a knowledgeable person on hand who would know how to operate the stage lights and the location of the stage’s electrical outlets.
Audience limit: 600
Performance length: 45-50 minutes (with Q&A)
Arrival time before first performance: 1 hour
Strike time: 1 hour
Time needed between performances: 10 minutes
Please introduce the performer as a Young Audiences of Massachusetts artist.