Become a YAMA Roster Artist
Young Audiences of Massachusetts reviews applications for teaching artists and assembly programs on a rolling basis. Applications are reviewed and auditioned by a panel consisting of YAMA staff and Program Committee members. Applications must be received by December 31, 2019 to be considered for the upcoming school year. Artists must be currently working professionally in their discipline. Previous teaching experience is not mandatory.
- Applicants who apply both as a teaching artist and a performing artist should complete a separate application for each area.
- All artists must be available a minimum of two weekdays each week.
- Artist fees are competitive with industry rates.
To apply, applicants must submit:
- 2019-20 Application Packet
- Resume or CV
- Background and program information used in the development of educational materials
The review panel appraises each application based on:
- Artistic quality
- Educational Content
- Supporting materials
- Personal interview/audition
- Applicant’s available time for professional development and site assignments
- Young Audiences’ need/interest in the artistic discipline or performance
Applicants who look like a strong match for our roster will be asked to provide us with an opportunity to preview their program for a students audience. In some cases, if preview opportunities are not readily available, YAMA can assist in initiating a preview.