Bio, Bio, Biodiversity
Billy B. uses science, humor, music, dance, and audience participation to introduce the wonder of our earth’s biodiversity, why it is declining, and how we can help to protect it. Billy B. hopes to educate people of all ages about biodiversity by introducing issues such as pollution, deforestation, and overfishing and how other human behaviors affect the biodiversity of our earth. This show was commissioned by the World Wildlife Fund as a complement to the traveling exhibit entitled Biodiversity 911.
Note: Available live online in a fully interactive adapation with dynamic backdrops.
Audience Limit: 500
Curriculum Connection: Natural Science, Environment, Music
Remote Single (Live): $600
Single Show: $750
Travel Fee: $100
Note: pricing may vary for weekend/out-of-school time
Processing fee of $30 added to all contracts
1. One reserved parking spot
2. Room temperature water for Billy’s singing voice
3. One small table
4. One 25 foot electrical extension cord
5. At least 20 feet x 20 feet of unobstructed floor or stage area
6. If students are sitting on the floor, at least 10 feet of space should be between the first row of
students and the edge of the performance area
7. Please seat students in two groups with a middle aisle (when possible)
8. Billy brings his own sound/PA system and the stands needed to hold up his backdrop
9. It would be very helpful to have a knowledgeable person on hand who would know how to operate the stage lights and the location of the stage’s electrical outlets.
Audience limit: 600
Performance length: 45-50 minutes (with Q&A)
Arrival time before first performance: 1 hour
Strike time: 1 hour
Time needed between performances: 10 minutes
Please introduce the performer as a Young Audiences of Massachusetts artist.