Weather, Climate, Let’s Define It!
Billy B leads his audience through a song and dance exploration of the differences between weather and climate, the structure and benefits of the atmosphere, and how it all supports the amazing diversity of plant and animal life on our beautiful planet. For older students, Billy introduces the concepts, and science of, the human impact on the atmosphere/climate.
Audience Limit: 400
Curriculum Connection: Natural Science, Environment, Music
Single Show: $750
Travel Fee: $100
Note: pricing may vary for weekend/out-of-school time
Processing fee of $30 added to all contracts
1. One reserved parking spot
2. Room temperature water for Billy’s singing voice
3. One small table
4. One music stand
5. One 25 foot electrical extension cord
6. At least 20 feet x 20 feet of unobstructed floor or stage area
7. If students are sitting on the floor, at least 10 feet of space should be between the first row of students and the edge of the performance area.
8. Please seat students in two groups with a middle aisle (when possible)
9. Billy brings his own sound/PA system and the stands needed to hold up his backdrop
10. It would be very helpful to have a knowledgeable person on hand who would know how to operate the stage lights and the location of the stage’s electrical outlets.
Grade levels: K-8
Audience limit: 400
Performance length: 45-50 minutes (with Q&A)
Arrival time before first performance: 1 hour
Strike time: 1 hour
Time needed between performances: at least 15 minutes
Please introduce the performer as a Young Audiences of Massachusetts artist.